Monday, September 26, 2011

And I was right.....

Not only did I not LOSE weight over the past 2 weeks, I actually gained. And significantly. According to the scale this morning, I gained 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks. I am so disappointed in myself. I'm not going to beat myself up over it because it's done already, but I am seriously disappointed in myself.

How did I manage to gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks while supposedly on a diet? Very simply. I didn't pay one bit of attention to anything I was eating. I had days when I ate things that were IN NO WAY health. Fried chicken, pizza, cookies, and all sorts of other things that a "good" dieter wouldn't touch. Then I had days where the foods I ate were not really that bad, I just didn't pay attention to my quantity.

So basically, my slip-up is all about quality and quantity of my food. Lack of one and too much of the other. I could also blame it on my lack of tracking. The biggest thing I noticed was that when I stopped tracking my food, it got easier to ignore what I was eating. At first, my lack of tracking was not on purpose. Between my two jobs and social obligations, I just kept forgetting. When my schedule calmed down, I was just out of the habit. So today I am making sure to track everything. I am also going to work on more crafting. Keeping my hands busy keeps the snacking down.

Alright, enough moaning. Let me set a realistic goal this time... I want to lose 3 pounds in the next 2 weeks. I also want to make it to the gym at least 3 days each week. I went to Centergy and Ride on Saturday for the first time in probably 2 months and I am still paying dearly for it. My legs and abs are still sore. That's just proof that I need to get back to work. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment