Monday, September 12, 2011

Thirty One Point Six!

So, I have been trying to write this update for like 5 days now. But life being what it is, I have had a hard time sitting down with collected thoughts. Just ask my co-blogger, over the weekend my thoughts were spastic at best. I have no real reason for my thoughts being so scattered. I'm blaming a cold and subsequent medications, though. :-D

Anyway, I'm down 31.6 pounds (in case you were confused by the entry title). It's finally starting to sink in that I'm actually losing weight and becoming healthier. A few weeks ago I was able to fit into a dress I haven't worn in almost 3 years, and Friday I comfortably wore a pair of jeans that used to feel like they were cutting me in half. It feels good to know that I am finally making visible progress.

Knowing where I am now weight-wise (218.2) and where I was when I started this blog in January (249.8), I am somewhat dissappointed in my overall health for the past few years. When G and I started dating, I weighed right around 210 lbs. I'm not exactly sure since I hadn't really stepped on a scale 2-3 years at that point. When I joined the gym 2 months later I was 214. I accounted that to the holidays (we started dating in November and I joined the gym in January), and the fact that most of our dates involved going out to dinner. But I was going to the gym now! and I was going to workout! Except that isn't how it happened. Instead, I was paying for a gym membership that I didn't use how I should and I ended up gaining 4o pounds in 2 years. How ridiculous! Now, yes, I can blame it on depression, emotional eating, and other factors, but really... 40 pounds in 2 years? What was I doing? Nothing.

I'm not trying to beat myself up about anything. It's just kind of interesting to see what carelessness can do to your waistline. It also reminds me how my way of thinking about food has changed. I have learned how to make smarter choices when dining out, and I try to think aobut the overall health benefits of my food when I'm cooking at home. I'm proud of my progress, but I also recognize I have a long way to go.

Ok, this is all philisophical and stuff. I guess I should let you get back to your day. I hope it's a good one! Oh, and for my goal this week... I would like to lose 4 pounds in the next 2 weeks. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment