Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Busy Day

I have to say... I am pretty darn good at throwing a meal together. This morning I decided to break out the crock-pot so I wouldn't have to cook after spin class. I just looked in the fridge and threw some stuff in with frozen chicken and cooked it all day. So good. I'm glad I paid attention to what I did. I will post the recipe in a minute.

Today was a very athletic day. Diesel and I went for a walk this morning and then I went to spin class this afternoon. We walked for about 45 minutes. Since I knew I was going to class tonight and would NOT feel like an evening walk for D, I made our morning walk a little longer. Although, I'm not sure it worked. He keeps wandering to the front door and looking at his leash. Spin class was good though. I should sleep like a rock tonight lol.
[EDIT: No, it did not work. I ended up taking Diesel out for a 15-minute walk. Such a slave driver workout buddy!]

Ok! So here is the recipe, as promised.
Italian Tomato Chicken
Serves 4. Each serving is approximately 90 calories.
8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 15 oz can diced tomato
1 C frozen 3 pepper and onion (I used Kroger Recipe Beginnings)
2 T sun-dried tomato vinaigrette
1/4 C banana pepper rings

Put all ingredients in a crock-pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Enjoy!
I served mine over whole wheat rotini. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment