Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Calorie goals and other stuff

Ok, so can I just say how much I love My Fitness Pal and it's corresponding Android app? Love that I really don't have an excuse to not log my food. If I'm not on my computer or near my phone, I'm probably asleep and hopefully not eating! And once I complete my day, it tells me "if everyday were like today, you would weigh ____ in 5 weeks." That's a nice motivator to know I'm heading in the right direction.

That being said, if I don't consume at least 1200 calories a day, it yells at me. By that I mean it puts this warning in red letters that I'm starving myself and to eat more. Ok... maybe that's not exactly what it says, but that's what it feels like. So sometimes I will look at my calorie intake and see what I need to do to reach 1200 calories for today. For instance, today I only ate about 1050 calories, but I felt full. So now I'm sitting here drinking a "latte" (only 150 calories) so I could hit 1200 and not get yelled at.

So how do you feel about that? The idea of eating at least ____ number of calories a day. Now, I guess I should say that I very rarely have to MAKE myself consume enough calories. And really, if we averaged the whole week I'm sure I would be around 1300 at least. I'm sure that warning is just there to discourage people from starving themselves in the name of weight loss. I guess I shouldn't feel so paranoid that it's yelling at me lol. I'm just sensitive like that!

In other news, the laziness demons tried to get me tonight. I had to work, so I took my clothes with me so I would have no excuse not to workout. Yeah, except that about an hour into the shift my stomach started hurting. So then I started wavering whether I felt up to it or not. I had all but decided that I would just come home and workout here (suuuuuuure I would) when a co-worker asked if I was going to workout. She and I decided to do 30 minutes on the elliptical. About 10 minutes in we both thought we were going to die, but we finished. That motivated me to be excited about an ab class tomorrow and my training session on Thursday. That will take care of all but one workout this week. Oh, and I have Saturday morning off, so I'm going to try to do my Ride/Centergy combo. So there's 4! Whoot.

Alright y'all, I'm going to jump off of here and get ready for bed. Have a lovely evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment