Saturday, March 19, 2011

Alternative Workouts

Ok, so I'm being a total blog hog this week, but Tiff is super busy lately. Glad for her, but that means you get more blogs from me! Yay! :-)

Yesterday was a day full of "alternative workouts." Yesterday I hauled, I dug, and I hoisted. Today I hurt lol. See, this week my brother has been visiting and doing some work around the house. Yesterday was spent "reclaiming the backyard." We had some massive overgrowth of privot and such, so I got to play with the hedge clippers while my brother went to work with the chainsaw. After that, my younger brother and I started raking leaves and throwing them in the compost heap. Then I planted my peach tree. I don't know why, but I have been obsessed with the idea of having a peach tree for like the past month. So yesterday, Mom bought me one (thanks Mom!). But that meant I had to dig a hole and put it in the ground. Then my brother was nice enough to build me a box to put around it so it's easier to mow around. Now I just need to go get some mulch to put in the box. Here is the finished product (minus the mulch):

Isn't it pretty? I doubt it'll bear fruit this year, but maybe next year. Luckily, my co-blogger said that it could count as my workout for yesterday, so that means I accomplished this week's half of my goal. I'm thinking about going for a walk later today, but I don't know. There's some more yard work that needs to be done. I'll get some exercise one way or another!

I haven't been to the gym once this week, but I still got my five exercise days in. It was nice to do something different, and even better to do something that was productive for more than just my health. It was also a nice change of pace. We planted some herbs, vegetables, and melons, too, so I'm looking forward to working with those soon. It looks like I will have a season filled with alternative workouts!
- J

P.S. I also posted a new recipe! Go check it out over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment