Friday, March 18, 2011

Goals and Other Such Nonsense

I have to be honest. I really don't think my 5k-in-less-than-45-minutes goal is going to happen by the end of the month. Mostly because I have not done my training for it in over a month. Well, I've done a few runs in the past couple weeks, but it's been sporadic and my heart's not really in it. I think my problem was that my training schedule was a little too intense for the time I had to commit to it. I was supposed to run and/or walk 6 days a week for 6 weeks. That plus my normal workout just got to be too much.

I hate the fact that I couldn't keep it up. I love running. Not only do I love the endorphins (whoo! Runner's high!), but I also like the act of running. The rhythm of it is awesome... when I can do it. I want to get that feeling back, so I am going to try the Couch-to-5k program. A friend of mine is doing it and seems to enjoy it. Plus there's a Droid app that has the program on it. If there's an app for my phone, I'm there!

I'm doing well on my current goal. I haven't made it to the gym yet this week, but I have done an exercise DVD 4 days this week. Honestly, it makes me sweat harder than most of my gym workouts! Wednesday was my third workout and it was REALLY hard for me to convince myself to do the video again. It's a pretty intense workout! But I finally talked myself into getting it over with. It sucked and I was so sore and tired when I was done, but I did it! And when I did yesterday's workout, it wasn't nearly has difficult.

The DVD has 3 levels of workouts. You're supposed to start on the first one and then after a few days, move on to the next, then eventually to the third. During the first workout she says that if your on the 5th or 6th day of that workout, you can probably feel a big difference in your endurance from the first day. I have to say she's right! It makes me sweat, but it has gotten a lot easier to make it through. Today will be day 5. I'll probably stay on this workout at least 8 days. If level 1 was this bad, I'm scared of level 2! Of course, if I get into it and I feel it's too intense, I can always go back, right? Right!

Ok, so today is gorgeous, so I'm gonna go outside. later all!
- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment