Monday, May 9, 2011

Take... 5?

I hate how much I've said "ok, this week I'm going to recommit to my goals..." But here I am, saying it again. I will say that while I did not have a good two weeks (or fortnight if you want to sound uppity), I was able to maintain my weight. I look at that as a victory.

Sadly, I was not able to meet my 20 pound goal by my birthday. Last week was really a not got week for me mentally, physically, or emotionally. For the past 2 weeks I've just felt rundown, tired, and generally weak. I worked out some, but my running got cut short because I just could not get my legs to go any farther. I haven't given up though! I'm going to go back and do one day of week 3 and then start week 4 again!

The mental/emotional thing came from outside stress. As I mentioned before, I thought I had misplaced my laptop. Who does that? But I've been stressed and scatterbrained lately, so there you have it. Except, no you don't. Because when I came home from the store on Friday, our 42" TV was gone. Now I KNOW I didn't misplace that! Apparently, someone has been coming into my home and taking my things. I don't know how many of you have ever been robbed, but there's a certain emotional hole that it leaves. Especially since whoever this person is has to have been watching the house to know when all of us are gone. Which means it's probably someone we know. Anyway, that on top of everything else and I just crashed. I just ate what I saw and didn't think about calories or portions or anything other than mindless munching. But I'm back on the program today.

Ok, I think that's enough for now. I'm going to go to work now. Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment