Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shopping Success

Today was the first day that I have attempted to go clothes shopping since I started losing weight. I am happy to say that it was a success! It took a few tries for me to find my new size, but I found it and it is smaller!

The whole reason I decided I need to go shopping was because my pants selection for work was seriously lacking. Seeing as I have lost 30+ pounds, they are baggy, saggy, and generally unprofessional looking (which makes me feel like an unprofessional slobby Bobby). And I think we've all been told that we should dress for the job we want. Well, I don't want to be Batman, and I don't want to be a slobby Bobby. I want to be a middle school teacher. So I need to start dressing and thinking like one. I was able to find 3 pairs of dress pants that I liked and that fit. I'll probably have to go look for some more pants later, but this will help out for now. Plus, when I wear things that look more professional, I'm less likely to get mistaken for a new student (which happens a lot at the High School.... do I look THAT young??).

I'll admit, part of the reason today was my first shopping trip is because I HATE looking for dress pants. Let's face it. I have some hips, people. Overweight or not, I will be a curvy girl. And for some reason, most slacks are not made for girls with hips, especially girls with hips and not a lot of thigh. Blah, oh well! Regardless, I found some pants that fit and look good and I'm excited. I'm going to test drive one of these new outfits tonight. Mr. Wonderful and I are going to see Young Frankenstein at the Theatre (that's how they spell it) this evening. I'm excited x2!

Alright, I'm going to go... do something else! Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment