Friday, March 30, 2012

Yes, I'm still alive...

Basically. no, I'm alive and kicking, I just don't feel all that great today. Stupid allergies and asthma. I love spring, but I hate the fact that we are now entering the season where I can't breathe. I also hate the fact that it seems almost random and will hit me for absolutely no reason in the middle of the day. I was fine Monday and Tuesday, then on Wednesday afternoon I felt like someone was trying to smother me. Yesterday I kept thinking about that scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie where Kiera Knightley said "women in London must have learned not to breathe." I need to look into some OTC treatments. It's times like these that I really miss having health insurance. Well, now, and when I want to go skiing. :-)

Anyway, my weight loss is going pretty well. I forgot to weigh-in on Wednesday (busy morning), so I did it yesterday and I was down to 208.8. I'm pretty darn impressed with myself, especially since I haven't really been a stellar fitness performer this month. My hours at work went up, both at the gym and at the schools. Which is great... except that my hours on the equipment at the gym went down. A lot.

I had been doing pretty well. I was doing the C25k training... again. I always seem to stall out at week 3. I was thinking it was a mind over matter thing and I was hitting a wall, but now I'm starting to think I'm just an idiot who keeps trying to do 5k training at the start of allergy season. I really do like running, and I'm hoping to be able to get back to it soon. I may just try to run through it. I did that the other day. It was a lot of pep talking that I COULD keep running for 30 more seconds, I was NOT going to die or pass out, I would be FINE. And I was right. So maybe I will try to run again on Sunday.

It probably doesn't help that I'm trying to do this regimented workout in the midst of a kind of crazy schedule. I have to work all day today, work from 6a-12p tomorrow, then be at the church at 2-3 to set up to cater a wedding. The reception starts at 6, and I really don't think I'm going to feel up to it that night. So I'm making a plan to go on Sunday. Maybe I'll make Greg go with me.

Ok, I think I've rambled enough for now. I need to get back to work. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your March!
- J

No comments:

Post a Comment