Monday, June 27, 2011

:-D

So, if sleep deprivation is the diet killer, I think compliments might be the diet resuscitator. Last night I went over to my boyfriend's house to watch True Blood. I saw his mom (she lives next door) for the first time in months (and yes, I hadn't seen her for months lol), and the first words out of her mouth were "have you lost weight?" Why, yes ma'am, I have. :-D I told I had lost about 20 pounds since the last time she saw me, figuring that 18 was close enough to 20 at this point, especially after last week's mess of a "diet." Anyway, it just felt great that someone had noticed the change. She said she almost didn't recognize me at first. I don't know if I've changed THAT much, but it was nice either way.

So I weighed in this morning to see how things are going, and I am ever so happy to say that I have finally lost over 20 pounds!!! I've lost 21.2 to be exact. It only took me 6 months, but who cares?? It's gone and I don't ever want to see it again. I'm a quarter of the way through my goal. It might have taken me a little longer than I would really want, but I'd rather be making slow progress than no progress. I think it helped that I was finally able to get to the gym this week.

Alright you loyal 16, I've gotta get to work. Thanks for stopping by!
- J

1 comment: