Monday, April 4, 2011

First Week of April Already?!

So here I sit, 4 days into april...actually 3 months into this weight loss challenge we set for ourselves/each other. That's a quarter of a year. There are only 3 more quarters to lose the weight. At this point I have sat down and really reevaluated my goals in the numbers department. As I continue to lose weight and my body changes I am beginning to realize that I might not look "healthy" at 130 lbs. As much as I'd love to say that I weigh that much, I'd also like to keep my curves and not look sick. On the other hand I also want to stick with the goal I set originally and not "quit" it. It's a tough decision. So I'm doing what I do best. I'm waffling. What does that mean? It means that if I make it to 145-155 I might start to maintain my weight/health and not strive to hit 130 lbs as suggested by many weight loss sights and even my doctor (for my height and age group). I won't make that decision until I get to that point and I evaluate how I feel and how comfortable I am in my new body/new weight.

Make sense? Good! So my new goals/numbers are as follows (tentatively, of course):

Starting Weight: 211 lbs
Current Weight: 188.8 lbs
Lbs lost since January 3: 22.2 lbs
Lbs lost this past week: .2 (I'll get to that later in the post)
Body Fat Percentage lost: 10.52%
Lbs Left to Lose: 43.8 lbs to get to 145/ 33.8 lbs to get to 155
Height: 5'5"
Age: 24

It's all about being and staying healthy...if my body doesn't look right at 130 lbs then why struggle to get there? Ya'know?

So onto this past week...I only lost .2 lbs...a half of a half a pound! Ugh! At least the week before I lost 1.2 lbs! I've had a lot of stress this past week...coupled with the fact that I've been at work 7/7 days and factor in a wedding with an open bar and a delicious meal...and I'm happy I actually lost weight instead of gained weight!!! I also canceled my gym membership this week. Whhaaaaat??? Yeah, I loved that gym, but the money is needed somewhere else currently (buying a house, every little bit helps) and I get in free on base...no the classes aren't as good but hopefully I'll be able to go back to the big gym in a few months...we'll see! I can still use the gym until the end of June.

So here's my picture for the week! It's NOT a full length, I'm sorry, but it's my favorite of the week and I think it shows how far I've come and how comfortable I'm becoming!

I seriously love this picture...I bought that dress last Summer but couldn't wear it. Now I can! 

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I've wondered the same thing about my "healthy" weight. I may do something similar when I get closer to my goal.

    In other news, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete