Monday, January 3, 2011

The Game is On!

Hahahaha! I don't know what's up with te maniacal laughter, but whatever! My friend Tiffany and I have agreed to keep each other accountable for our weight loss/exercise goals, but it has to be done from 500 miles away. What other way to do it but to use the internet? So we are sharing this blog to keep each other, and the world I suppose, updated on our progress.

BACKSTORY:
Tiffany was playing on caloriecount.com and discovered her BMI and such. I was bored, so I checked out the site as well. Turns out we both need to lose over 75 lbs to reach our optimum BMIs. I think both of us would be more than happy to lose 50, but go for the gold! Anyway, I'm getting off track. So while we were chatting about our shared fatty-ness, I had a thought. What if we kept each other accountable? I need someone to keep me accountable, but someone that's currently going through the struggle, too. But what's to keep us motivated? Sure I can tell Tiff that I lost ____ lbs, but what's to encourage me to keep going? Especially when that cheesecake is calling my name?


THE GAME:
What if we set small goals for ourselves? And when we reached them, the other person sent us a prize? My example to Tiffany was "if you tell me you want to lose 4lbs in 2 weeks, you have to send me proof that you did it and I'll send you.... stationary I think you might like." That way we don't know what our prize will be for meeting our goal, but it will be something we like. Plus, we'll get mail. Who doesn't like getting mail?? Now, how do we submit our proof? Text messages? Emails?

ENTER THE BLOG:
We can post our proof and other information about the experience here on a shared blog. That way, when we've reached our goals, we can look back and see all the progress we've made. Posterity and all that.

THE PROOF:
Pictures of course. So today on day one of this game she and I both took a picture of the scale while we were on it.

Please ignore my desperate need for a pedicure, but there it is in black and red. I weigh 249.8 lbs, as of today. I also decided to post a pic of my chubby face. Again, posterity.

Bah! Please forgive my hot-mess-ness!! I haven't washed my hair yet today. But hey, that means that I'll look that much better in the after shot!

GOAL #1:
My first goal is the same as Tiff's (this might not always be the case). We both want to lose 4 lbs in 2 weeks. So on Jan. 17, expect to see a pic saying 245.8 or less. Off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment