Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Pint's a Pound the World Around

When I originally picked that for my title I was thinking one thing, but now I realize it could be seen 2 ways.

My original thought was literal. Did you know that 1 pint of water weighs 1 pound? Thanks to Alton Brown for teaching me that! But you know what that also means? That our 16oz Dasani (or Aquafina) bottles can double as 1lb weights (and a 32oz camelbak bottle is 2lbs!). While I learned that fact about water from Mr. Brown a while ago, I remembered it tonight when I wanted to do a workout without going to the gym. I used a dumbbell workout and substituted the water bottles. Since I'm used to using a little more weight than a pound, I increased my repetitions and my sets. I still felt a nice little burn. Besides, some resistance is better than none at all!

My second thought was regarding a pint at the pub. Alcohol is empty calories. Limit your intake while trying to lose weight. No, I have not had alcohol lately. Just a word to the wise!

Alright, enough of my ramblings for now.
- Jen

1 comment:

  1. You can also use soup cans! I'd be tempted to drink the water and thus weakening my workout!!!

    ReplyDelete