Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Quickie...

I'm about to head out the door but I thought I would really quick before I need to get ready to go.

I am so tired today! I think it's because I've made myself start waking up at a decent morning hour lately, but my brain doesn't want to shut off at the corresponding decent bedtime hour. This whole "unemployment" has not been great for my sleep schedule. I am so tempted to stop by the Exxon and get a Rockstar Juiced on my way to the Hall of Fame. But I won't! Because there are like 600 calories in a can and that's over 1/3 of my calories for the day! Nope nope nope. So not worth it. As I wrote that, that little devil in my brain reminded me that I also don't usually eat when I drink one of those, so it could be a meal replacement. NO! I'll just have to rock out in the car. I know once I get to the event the other people will help et my energy up.

For those of you who don't know, I volunteer with the local branch of the American Cancer Society. This year I'm the Online Chair for the Downtown Knoxville Relay for Life. Tonight is our kickoff party at the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a little nervous. I have to be there at 3:00 to help set up, the event is from 6:00-8:00, then I'll have to help break down. Does anyone notice a meal time in there? I know that the ACS is planning to provide food, but most of the time our food is pizza and sweets. I'm not really sure if there will be anything "safe" for me to eat. I already admitted that my first major caloric "oops" was at an ACS event! I'll just have to try to do better this time!

Ok, I guess I need to pack up my laptop and hit the road. Hope Everyone's having a great Thursday!
- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment