Friday, January 14, 2011

Oops...

Well, yesterday was my first official slip-up. I overshot my calorie limit by about 350. It wasn't even a good blown limit. I wouldn't feel nearly as bad if I had some delicious, decadent dinner last night and I just couldn't resist eating every bite. Nope, I went to a status meeting for a charity I volunteer with and filled up on snacks. My dinner consisted of pretzels, celery, carrots, broccoli, chips, and 3 chocolate chip cookies. It would be one thing if I had just had the veggies, but no. And when I said that was my dinner, I meant it. The meeting was at 6:00, and I hadn't eaten since lunch. So I probably ate more than I would have if I'd eaten an actual meal beforehand.

In hindsight, it would have been so easy for me to eat a healthier dinner. I stopped to get drinks for the meeting, and I should have picked up an actual meal at the store. Oh well, what's done is done. But it's a monthly meeting, so I can do better next time. We'll chalk this up to a learning experience and go from there!
- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment